dinsdag 27 november 2018

Movies October 2018

Last month I saw 20 movies and 2 series from start to finish (not in one sitting mind you) . To be honest, it was the least productive month I had sinds the beginning of the year. And by least productive, I mean on the movie watching front. I easily watch several movies a day and still find time for work and do my regular chores.
I have watched a lot of feel good movies in October. Nine of which I had already seen before. 'Stardust' and 'Ever After: A Cinderella Story' are two of my all time favorites. 'What woman want' and 'the Mexican' were two movies I didn't think would still make me as cheerful as they did. 

But then, I saw some rubbish ones as well: 'Falling for you', 'Time trap', 'The sweetest heart' and 'the return of Xander Cage' are movies anyone should stay far away from, they don't add up and end leaving you hollow and disappointed.

 I'm giving a shout out to the brilliant Tom Hardy for crushing 'Venom' before announcing my top three:
3) 'Hurricane' with Iwan Rheon (I still see him as 'Simon' from the 'Misfits' whom I love) was an impressive untold story about Polish pilots fighting for the Brits in the second World War.
2) 'Ex_machina' was an intriguing movie about artificial intelligence that kept me guessing. 
1) 'On body and Soul' is a weird, beautiful, artsy Hungarian movie that was nominated for best foreign language film at the Oscars last year. The movie is powerful, pure and clean but you need to be in the mood for subtitles.  
The series I watched last month were 'Doctor who s09' and 'united shades of America'
The first one is a famous time traveling British sci-fi which I'm re-watching to prep me for the 13th doctor. 'United shades of America' was an informative yet funny documentary about Americans.   


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten