dinsdag 5 februari 2019

Movies February 2018

In February of last year I saw 38 movies and 5  series. I loved most of them so here are a few honorable mentions before I announce my top three movies:
'Le tout nouveau testament' is a Belgian surrealistic movie about God and his daughter living in modern day Brussels. 
'Heroin(e)' is a documentary on netflix about the opioid epidemic in Huntington , West Vitginia. It left quite an impression.      
 My top three movies I saw were:
3) 'Wind river': a gripping murder mystery that takes place on a Native American reservation. 
2) 'Three billboards outside Ebbing Missouri' has an amazing cast. The movie exceeded all my expectations. I feared it might be monotonous or slow but it was filled with clever twists and  is a definite must-see. 
1) 'Get out': This psychological thriller made me laugh awkwardly and gave me goosebumps. It was cleverly composed, gripping, crazy and relevant.    
Of the 5 series I watched, only 'Divorce s01' slipped my memory. To be honest, I finished watching it because I don't like leaving a series half-watched but I honestly wouldn't recommend it. 
'The flash s02' is very bench-able but I'm still not sure if that's a good thing. I did remember why I started watching it in the first place: the casting of Tom Felton for the third season but I couldn't just jump in to series three. 
'True Blood s02' is more of a cult series then I realized when I watched it for the first time. When you find out it's almost ten years old it does make sense. I wouldn't dare recommending it to youngsters but I couldn't imagine my life without Sookie and Fangtasia.
'The magicians' is a mix between Narnia and Harry Potter and I love it inspitte of this. I enjoy the transformation of the characters and it might feel like a rip-off at times but I still like the magical world they live in.   
If you haven't watched 'Peaky Blinders 04' you're missing out. It's so bad-ass with an A-list cast. Set in Birmingham after the first World War, we follow the criminal exploits of the Shelby's.   

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten