zondag 13 januari 2019

Movies Januari 2018

 In Januari of last year I meticulously  started writing down every movie I saw each month. It started as a new year's resolution. Even though I'm a movie nerd and I love devouring series, I felt as if I was slipping. I was seeing less and less and I wanted to keep track of wat I was watching. The first month of my project was a massive succes, I still don't know how I managed to watch 52 movies in 31 days and watch 3 series as well.
With the Academy Awards being but a few months away I started looking for nominated movies and anything else that took my fancy. But which ones stuck and which ones would I recommenced? 'Moonrise Kingdom', 'Split', 'Dallas buyers club' and 'Loving Vincent' are all great movies everyone should watch. 'Carol', which tells the love story between two women in the 50's also left a lasting impression. 'The lego movie' was surprisingly clever and funny, that's why I saw it a second time with my brother that same month. But the let downs from januari 2018 were definitely 'Boss Baby' and 'Baywatch'.  
Choosing a top three out of 52 movies was surprisingly easy:
3) 'The disaster artist': You don't need to see the original movie 'The room' before watching the movie with the Franco brothers about how it was made but it will surely make you appreciate it even more. It was freaky how spot-on they were and how they blew life into the 2003 cult classic.
2) 'Thelma' was a shilling Nordic movie  about a religious lesbian girl with psychokinetic powers. 
1) 'Call me by your name' was beautifully made. It gracefully tells you the love story about a boy and a man. It won the Oscar in March for best adapted screenplay.   
 All the series I watched were Sci-Fi. 'True blood' was one I wanted to re-watch for a while. I was a big fan from the beginning and I wanted to take a stroll down memory lane to remind me how the characters develop. 'The Flash' took some convincing, it's not something I would recommend but it was airy and I went trough those episodes in a flash. And finally 'Star Crossed': It's a sappy romantic alien-teen series which kept me surprisingly captivated.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten